Performance Task Trigonometry & Pythagoras Theorem
You are required to complete a viva voce performance task. The objectives are to create a platform for students to apply key concepts learnt in an authentic learning platform; to enable students to develop the Mathematical communication skills and also to effectively use information communication and technology as a media and tools for communication and problem solving. You should not take more than 1 hour to complete the entire exercise.
PLEASE REFER TO THE ATTACHMENT ON PERFORMANCE TASK 2 FOLDER IN THE GOOGLE SITE
The instruction, questions and assessment rubric can be downloaded from your class Maths googlesite under VIVA 2012. There are 2 parts to the task.
1. Your task is to solve the given scenario (refer Annex A) and record your solution and thinking process.
C. Submission Procedures
2. Your explanation must be concise, relevant and clear.
3. You may use any suitable multimedia platforms for this.
4. Your articulation must be distinctly heard. No doctored voice allowed.
5. Ensure that the file is not too large for uploading or posting.
6. Separately also submit a script (printed hardcopy) of your recording to be evaluated as well.
Part 2: My Reflection on this activity
The reflection will be based on the following questions.
1. What are my Key Learning points?
2. What have I understood about Trigonometry and Pythagoras Theorem as an applied learner?
Grading will be based on
1. Part 1: Problem Solving Skills and Strategies
2. Part 2: Concept and Mathematical Communication
1. Post your videos in your Class Maths Blog
a. You may either embed the video or
b. upload to YouTube and post the link in Class Maths Blog
a. Title Name your videos/posts using the header VIVA name eg. VIVAJohari
b. Label Viva2012
Uploading timeframe : T3Week9 (Friday) time: 23:59
All the best - its the mathematical precision that we are looking for
1. text books and workbook
2. ACE learning portal
3. Lesson notes
4. Class assignments
5. Exam Preparation part 1